FanTATstic

A novice's journey into the fascinating world of tatting and tatted lace.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Motif 7 & Friends


Back to Patti Duff's Minitats for this motif - number 61 in the book. It looks like a miniature figure to me so I gave it a couple of friends to keep it company.

I painted the friends with watercolors and am not sure I like the effect. Too much of the original white is showing in this scan. I'm going to try one more and thoroughly soak it in water before starting to paint it. That way maybe the watercolors will go on more smoothly.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I'm from the Socks for Soldiers group where you had posted a link to your blog...
The friend motifs turned out really nice. I like the painted ones.
Do you tat with a shuttle or a needle? I can needletat, but I want to learn how to tat with the shuttle.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Gina said...

watercolors! what a wonderful idea! I've dyed thread in a skein but not after it was tatted. Cool!
:-) Gina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home