FanTATstic

A novice's journey into the fascinating world of tatting and tatted lace.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Additions to 25 Motif Challenge Notebook



I have a tendency to procrastinate, but am trying to keep the notebook up-to-date. Just added motifs 5 & 6 and am looking for a new motif challenge.

The new version of Motif 6 uses Olympus Special crochet cotton No. 40. It has a solid feel and an almost silky sheen. A delight to tat with. It's the first time I've used a 40 thread. Much easier than crocheting or knitting with this weight thread.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Barbara J said...

Hi Jan,

I love your motifs, they're really lovely and the colours are terrific.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jan!

I use the hole in the shuttle to tie the thread to the bobbin.

I find that if I tie the thread around the center of the bobbin, when I get to the end of the thread it just spins around the bobbin and I can't tat with it. With the thread tied to the hole in the bobbin, that doesn't happen.

-- Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home