FanTATstic

A novice's journey into the fascinating world of tatting and tatted lace.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pre-Challenge Practice Piece


Ok, for my first motif I've chosen motif #1 from Minitats by Patti Duff. Hmmm, according to the author a minitat is a small motif completed in one round that takes from 30 to 60 minutes to complete so I'll plan to it taking ME about 30 to 60 hours as I'm getting back to tatting after a bunch of years.

First I get out the notes from the tatting class I took back in 1992 and review how to make rings and chains. How about a practice piece before I go for the first motif which will require a tricky (for me) join at the end of the circular motif where the last ring is joined to the first? I start a practice edging to be applied to the sleeves of a t-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home